Cataract called as ‘Motibindu’ in Nepali is the cloudiness of lens inside the eye and causes blurred and foggy vision that leads to difficulty in face recognition, driving and seeing distance at far. Cataract surgery is one of the biggest highlights of our center. We take pride in being one of the few centers that perform surgery under topical (eyedrops) anesthesia (without numbing the whole eye) using the latest phacoemulsification machine in Nepal. Patients can resume their normal work the next day after the surgery and don’t need any special eye pads. Our surgeons are highly qualified in this technique having performed thousands of such surgeries at our different branches. In addition, our cataract surgeons regularly visit national and international eye hospitals to provide phacoemulsification training. This procedure is painless, efficient and has an excellent visual outcome. We also offer other options for cataract surgeries such as Small Incision Cataract Surgery, Toric IOL insertion, and Scleral Fixation IOL. We offer a range of lens designs to our cataract surgery patients:
- Nonfoldable PMMA IOL
- Foldable IOL
- Toric IOL
Why Cataract Surgery at Drishti?
- Topical Cataract Surgery: Cataract Surgery without the need of Injection
- IOLMaster 700: Most accurate and updated instrument to calculate the power of lens before cataract Surgery made by Carl Zeiss (A German Company)
- Surgeon: All surgeons who perform cataract surgery at Drishti Eye Care Center, Kalanki has performed more than 10 thousand cataract Surgeries.
International Standards Operation Theater:
- Vinyl Flooring OT: This flooring system minimizes the spread of microbes or diseases.
- HEPA Filter:, An air filter that removes (from the air that passes through 99.97% of particles that have a size greater-than-or-equal-to 0.3 µm.
Book Your Appointment today for your Cataract Surgery.